Works with Zipp® butyl inner tubes with a removable core as well as other leading tubular tires and inner tubes that have removable cores. (Important note: These integrated extenders are not compatible with some older model Zipp Tangente™ Tubular Tires. Those tires use the older Zipp Valve Extenders.) For ease of use the core is located at the end of the valve extender. Made of lightweight aluminum, and featuring an integrated air seal, the extenders are designed with the same attention to detail and performance that’s built into Zipp wheels and other products.
Following sizes available:
- 27 mm (1 g) for 303 model wheels.
- 41 mm (2 g) for 404 models.
- 65 mm (4 g) for 808 models.
- 91 mm (6 g) for 1080 models.
(Sizing note: Due to the shorter 25 mm length of the Tangente Tubular Valve stem it is recommended to move up one size of valve extender to allow enough extender coming out of the rim.)
A small amount of grease is required to seal the threads of the valve extension and valve core. The extensions include an instruction manual and require the Tangente Valve Wrench Set for proper assembly.
1. Place 5 mm end of first wrench on wrench flats of tube-valve body and 4 mm end of second wrench on flats of removal Presta-valve core.