Road Axle Removal and Track Axle Installation
- Insert a 5mm hex wrench into each axle end, then loosen and remove the left hand (non-drive side) axle end cap.
- Slide the axle and cassette body assembly from the RH (drive side) side of the hub. One 0.25mm shim washers may be present on the axle between the cassette body and hub body…take care not to lose these.
- Unscrew the 17mm black steel end cap from the track axle and slide the axle into the cassette side of the hub body. The axle’s black aluminum dust cap should cover the cavity in the hub containing the freewheel ratchet ring.
- Screw the end cap onto the axle and tighten with a 17mm wrench while holding the opposite side axle end nut with a 14mm bearing cone wrench.
- Lubricate the axle nut threads with grease and screw on track axle nuts.
Track Axle Removal and Road Axle Installation
- Loosen and unscrew the 17mm black steel end cap from the axle end opposite the track side of the hub.
- Slide the track axle from the hub body.
- Install the road axle into the cassette body with the stainless steel axle end cap on the side of the cassette body containing the cog lock ring threads.
- Install one 0.25mm shim washer(s) on the axle next to the ratchet pawl side of the cassette body.
- Slide this assembly into the hub body rotating counter-clockwise to allow the ratchet pawls to pivot down and enter the ratchet ring.
- Screw the aluminum end cap onto the axle and tighten to 80 lb-in. using a torque wrench with hex wrench bit while holding the opposite axle end with a standard 5mm hex wrench.